When it comes to document and information security, shredding has long been the answer for residents and businesses to destroy their files and render the data contained in them unusable. The question then arises as to whether you should buy a paper shredder or simply hire a mobile shredding service.
Buying, compared to outsourcing a paper shredder comes with its own advantages and disadvantages considering the costs, time, and convenience. For example, it’s important to consider whether a personal paper shredder is capable of handling the amount of shredding you have to do. An office with hundreds to thousands of documents that require destruction will be too much for a personal shredder to handle.
Benefits of Hiring a Paper Shredder
Shredding documents internally is something that businesses (especially small to mid-size businesses) feel is the most cost-effective way to shred their documents. However, over an extended period of time, there are a lot more advantages to renting instead.
Among others, here are just a few of the top benefits of hiring a professional shredding company.
How Much Money Does It Save You?
- Consider the hourly rate of the employee doing the shredding. Even if your lowest paid employee is performing the shredding, a few hours a week could add up to the cost of one trip from a mobile shredding truck.
- A mobile shredding truck saves you money as it is always at the ready and doesn’t require maintenance or replacement by you.
Unless you have low volume shredding needs that are few and far in between, renting a shredder with mobile shredding services is a much better option.
How Much More Secure is a Professional Shredder?
Security is probably the most critical issue that businesses overlook when attempting to shred their papers internally. New privacy laws require companies to take extra care when handling and managing confidential and personal information.
When you hand the responsibility of shredding to employees, you’re effectively giving them the ability to access to all the personal information contained in them. This can create unnecessary risks of internal theft and even corporate espionage of sensitive data.
Renting a mobile shredding truck provides multiple securities like a certificate of destruction or the option of using locked shred bins to store your materials that will be shredded on the truck’s next visit.
Additionally, a mobile shredding service doesn’t just cut your papers into strips but rips apart the papers into tiny, indecipherable pieces which are then co-mingled with other scraps to make recovery of the data very difficult if not impossible.
How Much Time Does Mobile Shredding Save?
Renting an industrial shredder can shred high-volume projects quickly and easily.
Overworked, personal shredders are not meant for workloads of this magnitude causing them to fail early, only causing more work and expenses.
Mobile shredding services can solve this problem by shredding the papers as you watch in a timely and secure fashion.
Mobile Shredding Services with Shred Nations
For a quick and secure paper shredding service done right at your location, you can rent a shredder with the mobile shredding service. Here’s how it works:
- We deliver locked bins to your location.
- You fill up the bins with everything that needs to be shredded.
- We use a truck mounted with an industrial-grade shredder to turn your paper to bits, co-mingling with other shredded bits for greater security. You can watch the entire shredding process as it only takes a few minutes. Our handlers never come into any physical or visual contact with your papers.
- The shredded paper is recycled into new paper. Best of all, it is the cheapest way to shred high volumes of paper at your location.
- You get a certificate of destruction for FACTA and HIPAA compliance.
The more documents you have, the more mobile shredding makes sense from a financial and convenience perspective.
Get Free Quotes to Hire a Shredder Today
Shred Nations specializes in helping you find the right mobile shredding service for your business regardless of the size of the job. To get started, fill out the form on the right or give us a call at (800) 747-3365.
Within minutes of receiving your request, you will receive free quotes from local mobile shredding contractors so that you can choose the company that fits your project and office needs.