A wise man once said, “shredding is the process of turning big paper into little paper. Everything else is just details.” But as with so many things, the devil is in the details.
Business have long known they need to protect their confidential information. Add to that the myriad of federal and state laws that now require the proper destruction of documents. To comply with these laws every business owner should educate themselves on what needs to be done and the most economical solutions.
This is our library of articles on everything shredding. This covers all the details of any document destruction project. As laws change we continue to update our information so stop by when you want to know what is new.
Is Every Truck a Profit Center in Your Financial Reporting? Check out this article by Shred Nation’s founder David Powelson, a Wharton Graduate who has over 30 years experience in the shredding industry. Learn more about how route density and having a revenue per truck strategy can increase profit.
Industry Related Articles
- Winning Against Giants The big don’t eat the small, the quick eat the slow. Check out this article by Shred Nation’s founder David Powelson, a Wharton Graduate who has over 30 years experience in the shredding industry. Learn more about how independently owned shredding companies can win in an industry dominated by giants.
- Growing with Relative Ease Today, 90% of buyers turn to the internet first. When it’s time to buy, buyers prefer the internet since it gives them unbiased information and a level playing field. Re-thinking how your shredding business can grow in this model can be one of the most profitable uses of your time.
- Business Record Retention Times
- Shredding Helps Prevent Corporate Espionage
- Why a Shred-All Policy Helps Your Company
- I’m NAID AAA Certified- What Does It Mean, and Why Is It Important?
- Choosing Between Drop Off Shredding and Mobile Shredding
- An Office Move is the Perfect Time to Shred
- 10 Reasons for Document Shredding
- Going Green at the Office
- Office Shredding Day
- Six Simple Steps to Protect Your Employees Identities
- Shredding your PR Nightmare
- The Best Corporate Espionage Stories
- Government Compliance for Data Destruction
- Red Flag Rule Compliance Basics
- FACTA Compliance Quiz
- FTC Sharpens FACTA’s Teeth
- FACTA – You’re Never too Small to Shred
- Shred Medical Records
- HIPAA Changes in the Stimulus Package
- Is There a Doctor in the (Big) House?
- Steps to Take Before Shredding Medical Files
- Proper Protected Health Information (PHI) Disposal
- Mobile Shredding Isn’t Dropoff Shredding
- Finding a Drop Off Shredding Location Near You
- History of Shredding Paper
- Paper Shredding Security Levels
- Commonly Asked Questions About Shredding Services
- Choosing a Paper Shredding Service
- How To Shred Paper
- Mobile or Offsite Shredding
- Looking for a Shredding Service?
- 10 Myths about Document Shredding
- How Should I Shred?
- How to Choose a Shredding Service
- The Rise of Electronics Recycling
- Proper Medical Waste Disposal
- How Long Should You Keep Documents?
- Advantages of Residential Mobile Shredding Services
- Where Can I Shred My Papers for Free?
- Home Shredding Options
- Personal Records Infographic
- Home Shredding Conundrum
- Personal Record Retention Guidelines
- Prevent Fraud with Proper Document Management
- Tax Time Shouldn’t Be Identity Theft Time
- Document Shredding to Prevent Identity Theft
- Prevent Low Tech Hacking
- Identity Theft Revisited
- Identity Theft: Surviving the Crime of the Century
- ID Theft Alerts
- Community Shredding Events Can Help Prevent Identity Theft
Buy a Paper Shredder
- Paper Shredder Recommendations
- Broken Paper Shredder
- How to Choose a Paper Shredder
- 10 Reasons to Shred your In-House Paper Shredder
- Paper Shredders are a Security Risk
- Does Renting a Paper Shredder Save You Money?