Renting a shredder is one of the most secure, economical ways to protect your private information. If you are looking for a convenient and compliant way to discard your expired documents, watch the video or read the transcript below to find out more about how shredder rental works.
What Comes with Renting a Shredder
On the surface it might seem like just a question of ownership, but when it comes to renting vs buying a shredder there are several differences—and advantages to renting instead.
Among others, some of the most important aspects and benefits of shredder rental include:
- Greater Security
How Much Does It Cost to Rent a Shredder?
Although prices may vary based on factors like location, the cost of renting a shredder is around $100.
A truck equipped with a built-in industrial shredder comes to your location to shred your documents where you can watch the entire process and are provided a formal certificate of destruction once the shredding is complete.
The Benefits of Renting a Shredder
Besides being cost effective, shredder rental also offers other advantages such as greater time efficiency as well as reinforced security.
How Shredder Rental Saves Time
Renting a shredder helps remove many time constraints like maintenance, the amount of paper shredders can handle at one time, and most importantly the need to shred yourself.
Rather than a personal shredder that’s fed by hand, rented shredders are industrial-grade and shred thousands of pages per hour.
Reinforced Security With Shredder Rental
Shredder rental provides several security benefits, with a primary example being how you can watch from the curbside as documents are shredded.
Besides extra personal assurances of secure shredding though, a rental service will also provide a certificate of destruction.
The Shredder Rental Process
- Before shredding, a rental provider will deliver locking shred bins to your location to collect your documents in advance.
- Once the shredding container is full, the provider brings the rented industrial shredder to your location.
- Using a truck with a shredder built in, the containers and their contents are lifted up and into the shredder while you watch the process from the curbside.
- After the shredding is complete you’re provided with a formal certificate of destruction detailing location, witnesses, chain of custody, and most importantly compliance with laws like HIPAA and FACTA.
- Finally the paper shreds are baled, pulped, and recycled for later reuse, leaving your shredded information truly gone without a trace.
Need to Rent a Shredder?
Finding the right shredder rental provider can be tricky—let Shred Nations help! We partner with secure shredding service providers across the country and we will help you find a shredder rental provider who can meet your needs.
Call us today at (800) 747-3365 or fill out our form and get free quotes from several shredder rental service providers near you!