As life goes on, papers begin to accumulate. Papers begin to pile up, but it still may not be enough to warrant a shredding service. There are plenty of opportunities for shredding, including mobile shredding and off-site shredding services, but those are not the most cost-effective for small-based projects.
There are better options out there for smaller projects which help individuals with their shredding projects regularly. When it comes to small shredding needs, not all services are ideal because they have a set price that may be more expensive.
This is where options like drop off shredding, Ship ‘N’ Shred, and shredding events come into play. They are ideal for smaller-scale projects to help individuals with their documents and protect their data.
Take Documents in for Drop Off Shredding
Drop off shredding is a local partner which offers customers the ability to stop by and place their items in a bid.
How Drop Off Shredding Works
- You’re given a locking shred container to store what you’re dropping off.
- Your materials are weighed and a price is given based on the location’s pricing per pound.
- Trucks make regular stops to collect and transport dropped off containers to a shredding facility.
- Papers are co-mingled with other materials before being shredded and recycled.
How Much Does Drop Off Shredding Cost
The price for this service can vary by location, but it’s typical around $1 per pound for drop off shredding services. About one full copy paper box weighs about 30 pounds.
Send It In With Ship ‘N’ Shred
With Ship ‘N’ Shred, it’s a shipping alternative for shredding where you send in your papers to be shredded. Ship ‘N’ Shred is an easy and convenient option for smaller projects because all you have to do is send in the documents.
How Ship ‘N’ Shred Works
- Pack It: Find a sturdy box (new or used) for your material. Keep in mind a small file boxes hold 30 lbs and medium boxes 60 lbs. A xerox paper box will hold 30 lbs. Afterwards, you’ll fill up the box, pack it tightly, and tape the box.
- Ship It: After boxing up the papers, the next step is to ship. You’ll start by going to the Ship ‘N’ Shred website, and press the start button. After, you will input shipping, payment, and other information. Then, you’ll print off the shipping label(s) for each box. You can either schedule a FedEx pickup (they will come to you) or you can drop it off at a FedEx location (you go to them).
- Track It: Once you ship the boxes, you can track them at any time. After the document are destroyed, you will receive an email certificate of destruction. This helps provide proof of destruction as well as maintain a proper chain of custody.
How Much Does Ship ‘N’ Shred Cost
Similarly to drop off shredding, Ship ‘N’ Shred charges by the pound. The cost is approximately $30 for a 30-pound box of paper and $45 for a 65-pound box of paper.
Host a Shred Event Instead
Shred events are where a shred truck comes to a location to provide shredding to community members. If you can find one near you, taking advantage of a local shredding event is a convenient way to find cheap shredding nearby. However, you can also host a shredding event in your local area.
How Shred Events Work
- Choose a location: Great locations are central, public areas, such as schools or church parking lots. The best times to hold a shred event are on weekends in the morning. This provides ample opportunity for community members to participate.
- Coordinate with a shredder: It’s important to find a reliable shredder who will show up on time and work efficiently. Shred Nations will connect you to several shredders, and you can choose the one that best meets your standards.
- Recruit volunteers: You may need help with the event, so it’s best to recruit individuals which can assist. Enlist employees, family, and friends to help put on the event. You’ll want greeters, promoters, and coordinators.
- Promote your event: The best places to advertise shred events are local newspapers and news stations, on social media, and posting flyers in community centers around town. The more people who know about the event, the more successful it will be!
How Much Do Shred Events Cost
A shredding event has many variables, so it is hard to pin-point a specific cost of hosting an event. The costs of shredding events are influenced by the amount of time the shred truck is at the location. Additionally, the cost may shift if there are hard drive being shredded or if it’s just paper.
Other factors may include if community member will have to pay a small fee to participate or if the shredding event is completely free to all members. As well as the location of the event can impact the final cost.
Do You Need Shredding Services? We Can Help
There are many options for small-scale shredding, but it depends on your specific needs on which one is best for you. Shred Nations can help you through this process and make the process as easy as possible for you.
To start the process, fill out the form to the right, use the live chat option, or give us a call at (800) 747-3365. Afterwards, you’ll receive a free, non-obligatory quote from providers near you.