Although paid search can be intimidating, making a paid search account is actually fairly simple. First, do your research on the different kinds of paid search that is available to you. We are going to focus on Google Adwords and Bing Ads.
Before creating an account you should create a strategy and set up some goals for what your would like to measure and complete by setting up paid search. Are you looking to get more traffic, form fills, or conversions? This is all something that should be decided before creating an account so that you paid search campaigns have the right focus.
After creating a paid search strategy, then focus on creating your paid search accounts and getting to know the different interfaces. Below are two SlideShares with step-by-step directions to help you create paid search accounts in Google Adwords or Bing Ads.
How to Set Up a Google Adwords Account
You can set up a Google AdWords account in a few steps. First go to https://www.google.com/adwords/
Select ‘Start Now’
- Provide the email address you will use for the account
- Insert the link to your website
Your first campaign
- A campaign focuses on a theme or a group of products. To create a campaign, you’ll set a budget, choose your audience, and write your ad. • Keep in mind you won’t be charged for selecting options, you can always make changes later.
- Set your preferences for how you’ll pay for your ads.
- The last step is to review your information and make sure it is correct.
After reviewing, you will have successfully created a Google AdWords Account.
For more information on setting up your account check out this article.
How to Set Up a Bing Ads Account
- Provide the email address you will use for the account.
- Fill in all the information to create an account.
- A verification email will be sent to the email address your supplied.
- Check your email and verify the address.
You have successfully set up a Bing Ads Account.