Enjoy Vacation -- Avoid Identity Theft
Vacation is a time to relax. Take a few easy steps and you can enjoy the beach instead of making calls to clean up identity theft.
- Clean out your wallet -- only take what you absolutely need. Two credit cards should be plenty and avoid debit cards. And don't put your social security card back in, ever.
- Have the post office hold your mail and the paper stopped.
- Don't post that you will be gone for an extended time on your facebook status.
- Be careful what information you access on public computers at a hotel or internet cafe.
- Make sure any ATMs you use are not tampered with before you swipe your card.
- Get the 800 numbers for every credit card you do take so you can call them up if your wallet is stolen.