Protect Your Identity in the Holiday Rush
Many people will be using their credit cards more during the holiday season. This creates increased risk for identity theft. Here are some tips to keep in mind as you do your shopping:
- Empty your wallet. Only carry what you really need. Get rid of extra cards and absolutely any Social Security Cards.
- Keep a close eye on your mail. Statements and invoices you don't recognize are a red flag for fraud.
- Check you credit card statements closely. It is easy to do frequently online.
- Shred all of the credit card offers that come in the mail.
- If you shop online make sure the site is secure (has an https at the start of the address bar).